Coming of Age All Over Again
A funny thing happened when Kate Klimo and her best friend Buffy Shutt reached their fiftieth birthdays. The same month their AARP cards came in the mail, they found themselves faced with a whole new set of questions about the second half of their lives, like:
- What happens when our parents can’t live alone anymore?
- How can we nudge our kids out of the nest?
- Where do we see ourselves living in fifteen years?
- Why do people in white lab coats suddenly give us the whim-whams?
- Who are our friends and how can we make more time for them?
- How can we balance the work-play ratio in our lives?
So they did the research, read the books, asked the experts and found the answers to these questions—and lots more—to make an info-packed “girlfriend’s guide to midlife.”
“Kate and Buffy bemoan clingy kids and clueless husbands … in a chatty, girlfriend-to-girlfriend style.” — Library Journal
“Charming, funny, filled with great resources, and written by two great gals.” —Sharon Stone
“A wise, funny, and exhaustive how-to guide for the midlife moment when you’re just beginning to need a new perspective.” —Linda Obst
U.S.: Grand Central Books
Germany: Deutcher Taschenbuch Verlag (shortened edition)